All      Thoughts      Photography      Beauty      Fitness      Lifestyle      Food

Friday, 19 September 2014

Easy on the Eye



I'm not one to spend hours on my makeup on a day to day basis. I like to keep it simple. This means that I can do my makeup in a rush which happened a LOT more than I'd like to admit! My easy, go-to eye makeup consists of three products. Yes, THREE. This is the eye makeup I've been wearing lately:


First I use the Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl waterproof eyeliner on both my waterline AND my tight line (the upper waterline). I find that this makes such a HUGE difference to my eye look and lining the tight line (a step many people may be tempted to miss) is very subtle but makes your lash line look AMAZING! Contrast is so important to have and I love kohl eyeliner as I think it's one of the quickest and easyist (if a little scary) things you can do that makes the biggest difference. I love this eyeliner- it's very black and stays in place pretty much all day but it would not make much of a difference to me if I used another eyeliner from another brand. They're not too different.


I then apply the Soap & Glory eyeshadow in the shade "Pink T" from the Lid Stuff palette all over my lid with the Real Techniques shading brush to even out the colour of my lid. If I'm in a really tight squeeze, I'll skip this step.


Finally, I apply Rimmel's Extra Super Lash mascara. I picked this mascara up a while ago and didn't really like it - I would usually go for a plastic wand over one like this but after leaving the mascara for a few months (awful, I know), I wouldn't say that I love it but I certainly like it! It makes my lashes look long and fairly volumous. It's not waterproof which I'm not so keen on but it is super easy to remove (see, I told you this look was easy!) which is great as I'm a tad lazy at removing makeup and tend to just use wipes. 

What products do you use in a rush?